X-Ray Learning Analytics
With Blackboard Open LMS, your institution has plenty of vital student data at your fingertips. However, most of it remains dormant and unused.
What if you could harness that data and identify exactly which course materials and activities are engaging your students and giving instructors deep insights into student behavior and performance drivers?
X-Ray Learning Analytics provides:
- In-depth ideas about the behavior of students in the course and predicts future trends.
- Research-based on algorithms to calculate measures; for instance, entries to the platform, staying in a course, social connections, forum discussions, linguistic analysis of the use of the words that students say, and comparative analysis of courses.
- Ideas about the problems of the course so that instructors they can take immediate action.
Who’s it for?
Professors, Instructors, Trainers, Program Directors, etc.
Understand, Diagnose, Act
Currently, professors teach at a rapidly changing pace because technology has become an increasingly important piece of the educational experience for students. The growing use of technology generates huge amounts of data that can offer perspectives if they are used and analyzed focusing on the needs of professors and on the research findings that can make a difference in the achievements of students. The online learning analysis available in the LMS allows a greater commitment from students, helps professors save time to facilitate courses and assist in the assessments of the new learning models.
Student Risk Assessment
X-Ray Learning Analytics analyzes course activity data and grades to help instructors identify struggling learners and take action to improve their performance.
The risk measurement table calculates a general risk level for each student that has an impact on several data points, such as the academic risk, social risk, and time invested in the course.
Professors need customized analytical tools that offer deep and readily accessible insights of student behavior, interactions with the course materials, and performance.
X-Ray Learning Analytics can help instructors achieve the following objectives:
- Identifying and focus on at-risk students
- Obtaining deep insights about student behavior and other performance drivers
- Simplifying and improving facilitation of the course for professors
- Promoting greater satisfaction and adoption rates of students through debates, materials, and evaluations
- Boosting interaction and adoption of LMS for instructors
- Developing sound educational communities through debates, materials, and evaluations
- Managing activities and materials of the course effectively and efficiently
These tools offer a manner of optimizing the simple measures of effort in standard reports to create more solid indicators of the work quality and interactions of students. Additionally, a process of customized data extraction is conducted for each institution adapting algorithms for the exclusive use of Blackboard Open LMS in such institution.
X-Ray Learning Analytics and Blackboard Open LMS
X-Ray Learning Analytics helps professors using Blackboard Open LMS to obtain a deeper perspective of the offered courses, students, and materials. Report generation tools provide a visual graphic of risks, activities, grade information and interactions of debates/the community. Likewise, X-Ray Learning Analytics connects to the LMS of your institution and adapts the customized data models guaranteeing that X-Ray results are applied directly to their institution.
X-Ray Learning Analytics offers a vast amount of visualizations and reports allowing professors to improve the teaching and learning process. We have chosen a representative sample of reports/visual graphics for four key areas that professors shall find clever and feasible.
X-Ray Learning Analytics is only available in English and Spanish.