We are pleased to announce that Blackboard’s Moodle-based SaaS open-source learning management system has a new name: Blackboard Open LMS.
Get to know Blackboard Open LMS
Our Moodle-based SaaS product will continue to be the innovative, Open Source LMS our customers love, but with a new name which reflects our continued commitment to the Open Source community. The name Blackboard Open LMS represents our accelerated investment and development of our SaaS Moodle-based product to deliver the very best teaching and learning solutions to institutions and organizations around the world.
In addition to the hundreds of certified plugins currently supported, in the last year we have also introduced new tools to the Moodle community including Blackboard Ally and SafeAssign. Blackboard will continue to bring new capabilities, services, and product offerings to open-source clients focused on meet the evolving needs of institutions and their learners globally.
What this means for you:
- Blackboard maintains a global presence and ongoing commitment to open source.
- We support more than 1,000 clients using our Moodle-based LMS solution.
- We offer the most reliable, modern SaaS deployment of Moodle in the world.
- We will continue to contribute code and features back to the open-source community.
- We will work to move the community forward together.
We look forward to a future of supporting an ecosystem of products and in the development of open standards.
Want to learn more?
You can read more about the name change, branding and the benefits of the Blackboard Open LMS, here:
- Blackboard Blog – Introducing Blackboard Open LMS – the New Face of Our Moodle-based SaaS Product
- Blackboard Blog – A New Chapter for Our Moodle-Based SaaS Product
- Press release (Sept. 19, 2018) – Blackboard Announces Rebrand of Open-Source Learning Management System
- Press release (July 27, 2018) – Blackboard Ends Participation in Moodle’s Certified Partner Program
Join the conversation and share feedback
Please visit the Blackboard Community.